Principal Designer & CDM Compliance Services
WPL offer full CDM Compliance Services to both Clients and architects looking for assistance with the CDM Regulations 2015.
WPL are competent, resourced and willing to take on the Principal Designer role for any project which is required. As a practice, we are fully registered with the APS – the long-established trade body associated with professionalism in the Health and Safety Industry. All H&S practitioners are also registered members of the APS and qualified construction professionals.
Our focus is to ensure pragmatic compliance with the regulations – our consultants close working relationship with other disciplines means they are aware of the need for Health and Safety considerations to be satisfactorily addresses whilst at the same time paying due care to other project requirements.
We want to ensure compliance is integrated seamlessly into the project, without any detrimental effect on the any other aspect of a Clients project.
As Principal Designers we:
- Advise Clients as to their role and responsibilities under the new Regulations, assisting to fulfil requirements where possible.
- Work with the project team and review designs, identifying foreseeable hazards and designs which potentially affect the health and safety of those involved in the project and future occupants of the building/structure.
- Review designer compliance with their responsibilities under the regulations
- Prepare pre-construction information and issue to tendering contractors
- Liaise with contractors and Client to ensure the Health & Safety Plan is suitable and in place prior to commencement of construction
- Work closely with the project team reviewing and advising of any design changes that may affect Health & Safety
- Coordinate and prepare the Health & Safety File
As Client Advisors we:
- Advise Clients as to their role and responsibilities under the new Regulations
- Assist the Client in their duties under the Regulations
- Review and monitor works to verify they are progressing in a safe and proper manner.